Inland town on the west River, about 200 miles west of Canton. Post opened 1897 and a site for a consulate acquired in 1898 by perpetual lease, unusually [if not exceptionally] for a river port not on the bank but on the top of a hill on the west side of the Fu-Ho and West river junction. The lessors were the local gentry and the owners of graves on the land (which were subsequently removed). Another small piece of land was added later. A consul’s bungalow and a two-storey constable’s quarter completed 1900 with extensive steps up from the office. Property sold in 1928 to General Huang on behalf of the Guanxi government.